Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Availability for public cloud and physical workloads
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Due to various factors, including complex hardware configurations and regulatory compliance requirements, some physical servers and workstations cannot be virtualized. And everyday occurrences such as lapses in connectivity, hardware failures, file corruption - even ransomware or theft - can leave an organization's data at risk.
Veeam® Agent for Microsoft Windows solves these issues and also closes the gap that some enterprises face with large, heterogeneous environments and further enables workload mobility by delivering Availability for cloud-based workloads.
Enterprise-level backup and recovery
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows adds the same, proven guest processing engine found in Veeam Backup & Replication™, which helps bring the power and flexibility you need to ensure Availability for your physical Windows workstations and servers, through:
- Active full backups
- Application-aware processing
- File indexing and search
- Instant Recovery to Microsoft Hyper-V VM
- Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication*
- Server-specific scheduling and retention
- Synthetic full backups
- Transaction log backup for databases
- Full support for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
- And more!
After an initial full backup has completed, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows performs incremental backups - copying only new or changed data blocks since the last backup cycle. This means your backups will be fast and use as little storage as possible.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is a simple backup agent designed to ensure the Availability of your Windows-based workloads by providing backup and recovery for physical and cloud-based servers and workstations, as well as endpoint devices that belong to remote users.
Are you a service provider?
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows presents an exciting new opportunity for Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners.
Using the Veeam Backup & Replication console, you can now manage Windows backups for customers alongside their other Veeam backups - making Backup as a Service (BaaS) possible for the entire environment!
Get physical backups off site
While more and more organizations are hosting workloads in the public cloud - including hyperscale public clouds like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) - there is still a need for a Windows backup and recovery tool that has the power and features you need, is easy to use and fits within your budget. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows delivers on all of these with:
- Back up directly to Veeam Cloud Connect: Get your physical backups off site to the cloud with fully integrated, fast and secure backup and restore functionality - to a Veeampowered service provider of your choice
- Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure: Restore or migrate on-premises, Windows-based physical servers and endpoints directly into Microsoft Azure
- Source-side encryption: Secure backup data and network transfers with source-side encryption, but without any negative impact on backup processing
Endpoint protection for your entire workforce
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is great for endpoint devices whether they're in the office, at home, or on the road. However, ensuring Availability for remote users outside the corporate network can be a significant challenge - one that puts an enormous amount of vital business data at risk - especially when help isn't always right around the corner. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows helps solve these challenges through:
- CryptoLocker protection for USB devices: Protect backup files residing on USB-based backup storage from potential CryptoLocker-type threats by automatically ejecting the backup storage immediately after a successful backup is completed
- Endpoint protection for mobile users: Back up to a local cache when the target is not available and sync with your cached backups once the connection has been re-established
- Workstation-specific scheduling and retention: User friendly scheduling options and retention based on days of successful backups
- And more!
Remote configuration and management
Workstation and Server editions of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows include a remote configuration and management API which helps you deploy and configure agents with the help of a simple command line interface.
Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication in your VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environment, allowing you to take full advantage of Veeam backup repositories as target locations for your Windows backup jobs.
24.7.365 technical support
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing Veeam's enterprise-class technical support is there for you around the clock.
Requires Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 or later
Server license only
CPU: x86-64 processor Memory: 2 GB RAM
Disk Space: 150 MB for product installation
Network: 1 Mbps or faster
System firmware: BIOS or UEFI
Drive encryption: Microsoft BitLocker (optional)
OS: Both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems are supported. For a complete list, please refer to the User Guide.
Software: The following required thirdparty software is included in the setup program and is installed automatically when installing the product:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
If you plan to use Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Backup & Replication, you must install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 or later on the Veeam backup server.
Microsoft SQL Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB Edition (installed with the product).